After looking through the bootanimation.zip, I was able to map it and overcome alot of the inefficiencies that exist in the process we use to modify boot animations by simplifying the bootanimation.zip to 1 folder and only the pictures needed for your loop.
When we open the bootanimation.zip, it is obvious that there is a folder which holds png's and a text file which controls the behavior of the aforementioned png's. A lot of people have been hypothesizing what these configurations do, and after reading what they have tried I made my own effort and quiet easily mastered the file structure and desc text file. I will explain here how it works.
When you open desc.txt it displays only one line of code
But if you copy and paste it into another text editor the code comes out looking like thisCode:480 427 30p 1 0 part0p 0 10 part1
Code:480 427 30 p 1 0 part0 p 0 10 part1
This format is the way the code should actually be read and can be broken down like this
30=frames per second
p= not exactly sure, but I think it's just a pointer for the previous line to this line of code
1= times to be replayed (0=infinite)
10 = pause If pause = 10, it will show the last frame and then sleep 10/fps seconds before continuing with the animation. (Thank you aequitas from alldroid forums!)
With this in mind, I tried deleting both; the last line of code, and the part1 folder. This made sense to me because droid gave us 2 logical boot animations and if we only wanted a loop of one logical animation than why make a duplicate just to host in another folder and take space?
Next thing I looked at was the names of the png's. The First notable thing is they have a uniform, ascending filename structure, which correlates to the order they are to be played in. The first one starts with 480_427_00000.png. Looking at this it was obvious to me that that the first part, 480_427 was arbitrary because it relates to the first line fo the desc.txt, and the boot animations still work regardless if they match or not. While I havenít tried yet, I feel it is safe to assume that they can be simplified to their 5 digit numerical filename if one so wished.
Armed with this I realized that our future boot animations only will only require 1 folder (part0) and the desc.text only needs 2 lines of code.
Code:480 480 10 p 0 11 part0
Furthermore, as a result of deleting png's it was realized that the folder sizes are only limited by the 5 bit filename which leaves the possibility of storing 9,765,625 images since 5^10=9,765,625.
This is what I was able to figure out and I hope you guys are able to make some better stuff than me with the knowledge. Enjoy